2020 Call for Applications - Grant for Global Early Child Development
2020 Call for Applications - Grant for Global Early Child DevelopmentPosted on: 25 Apr 2020 Tags:
- Dissertation research in global early child development with a one-year Grant for $5,000 USD. The developmental focus of the research should include children, prenatal to 6 years of age living in low- or middle- income countries, as defined by the World Bank. Potential topics could include (but not limited to):
- The effectiveness of different models of parenting support on early child development.
- Examination of how child care programs promote child development and family involvement.
- The effectiveness of 2-generation programs that provide maternal and child support.
- Innovative strategies to integrate programs that promote early child development with health or nutritional services for young children.
- Innovative strategies to integrate child development interventions with social protection services or programs to promote maternal mental health or education.
- Innovative strategies to involve fathers and other extended family members in early child development programs.
- Development of measurement strategies, indicators, and assessment tools for children and family interactions that can be implemented with reliability in low resource settings.
- Strategies for effective scale-up of demonstration programs.
- If selected to receive a grant, applicant will be provided with a free 2-year SRCD student membership.
- Grantees are encouraged to submit an abstract to the SRCD Biennial meeting following the completion of their research. Grantees from low- or middle-income countries are encouraged to apply to SRCD for international travel funds to attend the SRCD Biennial meeting.
For more information on eligibility criteria and other related information click hereBack